The Company is currently recruiting for the position of Graduate Modeller to join the Aberdeen office in support of our modelling team in London. Occasional travel within the UK and internationally may be required. The role requires an analytical background in engineering, mathematics or computer science.
BMT is a well respected and long established, scientifically-led consultancy which has in-depth knowledge and experience in the upstream oil and gas industry, environmental, water and other related sectors.
Depending on your level of experience, responsibilities will include:
· Undertaking hydraulic modelling to inform a wide range of flooding projects in the fields of flood warning and forecasting, flood risk assessment and surface water studies.
· Assist in the delivery of projects from inception to completion.
· Liaising with clients for the purposes of service delivery.
· Working as part of a project team to develop innovative solutions and deliver high quality projects requiring a high level of individual judgement and initiative.
To be successful, applicants will be required to address the following essential criteria:
· Completed (or completing) a Bachelor's degree in in a relevant science, engineering or environmental subject.
· Knowledge and practical experience in numerical modelling and the use of Matlab software.
· Excellent verbal and technical writing skills.
· A proactive and positive attitude.
· Attention to detail, thoroughness, perseverance and the ability to work methodically and to tight deadlines.
· Keen interest in identifying, developing and applying leading edge technology and innovative approaches.
· Right to work in the UK.
The following attributes are desirable:
· Experience using hydraulic modelling packages (TUFLOW, Flood Modeller, InfoWorks ICM).
· Knowledge of FEH methods and rainfall runoff calculations.
· GIS skills in one or more platforms such as ArcGIS, MapInfo and QGIS.
· Basic computer programming and software development skills.
Written applications addressing the above criteria, along with a full CV, should be forwarded to Joanne Gormley, HR Manager, BMT Cordah Ltd, (email@example.com).
For background information about BMT Cordah Ltd visit http://www.bmtcordah.com
For further details about the BMT Group visit our website http://www.bmt.org/
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying
Joanne Gormley on 01224 414200