The Company are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Consultant to join the Aberdeen office. The position will involve client management, work-winning, project management, hands-on project work and the application of commercial and technical skills and knowledge. We offer flexible working and full consideration will be given to applicants who wish to work on a part-time basis.
BMT is a well respected and long established, scientifically-led consultancy which has in-depth knowledge and experience in the upstream oil and gas industry, environmental, water and other related sectors.
BMT is actively growing and proactively looking to extend its reach into core markets.
- To set up, operate and interpret the output of our existing predictive models for oil spills, marine discharges and drill cuttings under the direction of the Team Leader and in close liaison with the client.
- To adapt existing models for particular operational and environmental conditions, and develop new models and methods of evaluating and presenting data, as required.
- To contribute to Environmental Impact Assessments and Environmental Statements as appropriate for offshore developments and decommissioning projects, oil pollution emergency plans and other consultancy work under the direction of the Team Leader and project managers.
- Contribute to other project work as required.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience of consultancy and/or offshore oil and gas sector.
- Good academic background to a degree or equivalent standard.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of UKCS offshore regulatory regime.
- Sound knowledge and practical experience in numerical modelling for marine applications.
- Experienced in using Matlab and/or other proprietary modelling software/languages.
- Excellent technical writing skills and competence in the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, perseverance, the ability to work methodically and work to tight deadlines.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability of work independently as well as being a strong team player.
- Ability to prepare proposals plus supervise and mentor Consultants.
- Knowledge of comparative assessments.
- Experience of chemical risk and permitting support.
- Background in marine ecology and/or oceanography.
- Offshore survival accreditation.
Occasional work offshore and overseas may be required therefore a valid offshore survival would be advantageous.
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying
Joanne Gormley on 01224 414200